Sunscreen Blinds - Efficient and Eco-friendly!
Sunscreen blinds are blinds that pretty much speak for themselves! The main purpose of sunscreen blinds is to keep the sun out from entering an area. These blinds are designed in a clever way which makes them look very simple, but they are actually formed with strips placed in a horizontal or vertical way, consecutively. These blinds keep out the sunlight, but not hide the outside view.
Sunscreen blinds are usually automated and are controlled with a switch or remote. These blinds, when mounted on a large area, are placed side by side so one switch can control all blinds at once. There are three other mounting options for sunscreen blinds:
- Double mounted blind brackets that support both versions of blinds on a single window frame, sheer fabric blind in a roller format and an opaque block out blind for sundown.
- Blind mounted sunscreen blinds. In this case, the blinds are in a closed box-like unit called the cassette. This type of mounting option is best when you want to keep the blind mechanism out of sight.
- Modern-contemporary sunscreen blind mount. This type of mounting option consists of a chic, clean-looking aluminum bar which is mounted at the hindmost end of the blind giving the whole setup a stylish look.
Features of Sunscreen Blinds
- Able to be manufactured in a vast variety of fabrics, textures and patterns with eye catching or eye-soothing colours.
- Able to be manufactured using a metallic thread to give a glamorous shine to the blind.
- Available in rollers 2500 mm to 3310 mm wide.
Types of Sunscreen Blinds
- Manual Sunscreen Blinds - Manually operated blinds
- Automatic Sunscreen Blinds - Automatically open/close due to a built-in sensor that senses climate condition or a manually fed timer.
- Electronic Sunscreen Blinds - These blinds are able to be controlled using a switch or remote.
Applications of Sunscreen Blinds
Sunscreen blinds are ideal for patios because they look good, keep out the sun yet still let you take in the outside view!
Advantages of Sunscreen Blinds over other Shading Options
- Easy maintenance
- Easy to clean
- Created from safe PVC or canvas fabric